Re: [opensuse] Moving to IPv6
  • From: Ilya Chernykh <neptunia@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 11:35:57 +0400
On 2010-09-13 22:56, Ilya Chernykh wrote:
On Tuesday 14 September 2010 00:22:24 Carlos E. R. wrote:

It is not only in my city to be fair. It is even not only in my country.

Ok, but very peculiar :-)

Let me guess, when you meet a neighbour on the elevator, you salute and
exchange pleasantries? :-)

If I meet the neighbor who lives next to my flat, yes. Others from my house -
no.

Here, in flats, we ignore one another. Privacy or whatever. Frequently
people do not know the person living above or below, or even in the same
level. It would be very rare that we would coordinate and create a building
LAN.

Well I know only those with whom I had some contact.

In fact, I did think, sometime in the late 90's, that a LAN in the building
would be interesting, sharing one internet connection somehow. I had no
idea about switches and routers anyway, and I knew that it would be
impossible task to coordinate and make all the neighbours to even agree to
allow installation of the cable.
Reminds me... when I wanted to play computer games with my room-mate, I set
up a long RS232 cable across our rooms. The idea of "ethernet" never
occurred to us - and anyway, none of our computers had a card. I'm very
sure mine didn't, at least. The other chap had a better machine.