Re: [opensuse] Moving to IPv6
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 00:51:01 +0200
On 2010-09-13 22:56, Ilya Chernykh wrote:
On Tuesday 14 September 2010 00:22:24 Carlos E. R. wrote:

It is not only in my city to be fair. It is even not only in my country.

Ok, but very peculiar :-)

Let me guess, when you meet a neighbour on the elevator, you salute and
exchange pleasantries? :-)

Here, in flats, we ignore one another. Privacy or whatever. Frequently people
do not know the person
living above or below, or even in the same level. It would be very rare that we
would coordinate and
create a building LAN.

In fact, I did think, sometime in the late 90's, that a LAN in the building
would be interesting,
sharing one internet connection somehow. I had no idea about switches and
routers anyway, and I knew
that it would be impossible task to coordinate and make all the neighbours to
even agree to allow
installation of the cable.

Reminds me... when I wanted to play computer games with my room-mate, I set up
a long RS232 cable
across our rooms. The idea of "ethernet" never occurred to us - and anyway,
none of our computers
had a card. I'm very sure mine didn't, at least. The other chap had a better
machine.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 11.2 x86_64 "Emerald" GM (Elessar))