Re: [opensuse] Moving to IPv6
  • From: Ilya Chernykh <neptunia@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 00:56:41 +0400
On Tuesday 14 September 2010 00:22:24 Carlos E. R. wrote:

For that they need permission from the owner of those conduits, who is
going to charge. Perhaps a lot. Here.

The owner is the state or the city here. Of course they need an official
permission to lay the cable, but they cannot be just rejected: to reject an
official should have a reason, i.e. if the cable breaks something or contrary
to a standard.

or stretch the cables over air
from one building to another, which is even cheaper.

And forbidden here.

People could do it on their own, till somebody complains and the police
investigates. A business can not do it, they risk hefty fines.

What you describe that happens in your city is very peculiar, very
different from what happens on many other places. For you it is the obvious
thing to do, it is familiar, but not for us.

It is not only in my city to be fair. It is even not only in my country.