Re: [opensuse] Moving to IPv6
  • From: Ilya Chernykh <neptunia@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 00:50:36 +0400
On 2010-09-13 21:42, Ilya Chernykh wrote:
On Monday 13 September 2010 23:24:37 John Andersen wrote:
In Hong Kong and some parts of Mexico and most of Iraq people steel
electricity this way too.

Steal electricity? And those who pay for it do not know? Or they buy
electricity together?

In the "corrugated steel villages" or however you call them, I mean
villages that grow on the outskirts of cities, illegally, they usually just
climb a pole and hook a cable.

This is theft of course.

Try to sue them... nobody lives there,
officially. The policy may unhook the cable, that people put it back as
soon as they go. That is, assuming they dare to get inside that village!

Another trick is to hook the cable after the meter of the neighbor. It is
cheaper, because there is only one contract, but they are paying whatever
electricity (or water) they use. Of course both know what they are doing.

Also theft.

Then there is the trick of connecting "before" the meter. That's stealing.
Or put a "jumper" across the meter: it does not bulge even if you put the
entire house on air conditioning! If an inspector comes by, they remove the
jumper fast.

There are many tricks - I only know what every body knows :-p

But a cannot understand why you can 'theft' when people buy some amount of
product or service and then resell it.