Re: [opensuse] Moving to IPv6
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 21:44:32 +0200
On 2010-09-13 21:24, John Andersen wrote:
On 9/13/2010 12:15 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:

(here) it is forbidden to share a connection, unless you ask the ISP for a
connection that you are
going to share between several households - I think.

Its criminal in most places.
Its called theft of services.

Yes, of course, but it is not theft if you are paying the provider specifically
for that kind of
service.

If you ask the provider an internet connection for a hundred households and pay
for it, it is the
same as if you ask for a connection for a hundred employees. The provider may
refuse, of course. It
is not theft in that case, you respect the terms of the contract.

It is theft if you ask for a connection for a household, and then connect a
hundred. You lied to them.

However... why should they care? It is the same bandwidth. The problem is that
it is fully used. Bad
design. If I buy one meg I'm entitled to use it fully and full time.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 11.2 x86_64 "Emerald" GM (Elessar))