Re: [opensuse] Moving to IPv6
  • From: James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 12:37:04 -0400
Per Jessen wrote:
They only provide the cable to the flat. Anything inside flat is done
> by user himself. And to provide the cable to the flat there is no need
> of nailing etc. Just to insert cable into a tube on one end and it
> will appear from the tube inside the flat.
> So just plug in into the socket on the hub and put it into a tube.
Well, as a professional I beg to differ.

I can just imagine him trying to stuff a CAT5 patch cord up 15 floors through a conduit. ;-)

Multi-floor residential buildings tend to have a common conduit serving all floors, with one conduit for each stack of units. I guess he doesn't realize that, even with a fish, it's often difficult or impossible to run new cable along side old, in an existing conduit.