Re: [opensuse] Moving to IPv6
  • From: Ilya Chernykh <neptunia@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 19:44:48 +0400
On Monday 13 September 2010 19:25:21 Per Jessen wrote:

I think this has gone on long enough.

First off, I have many years experience in both telecommunications
and computer networks, both as a technician and in planning, so I do
know what I'm talking about.

About what? You think a student cannot just plug in the cable into a
hub?

Well, elsewhere in the world, the internal wiring is not done with patch
cables, but with Cat5/6 cable.
In the central, these are then
connected to a patch panel; in the individual apartments or offices, to
the RJ45 socket in a little plastic box on the wall. Often a dual
socket, one for ethernet, one for telephone.
Working such an installation from the ground up is not a job for a
student, but for engineers and electricians.

They only provide the cable to the flat. Anything inside flat is done by user
himself. And to provide the cable to the flat there is no need of nailing
etc.
Just to insert cable into a tube on one end and it will appear from the tube
inside the flat.

So just plug in into the socket on the hub and put it into a tube.