Re: [opensuse] Moving to IPv6
  • From: Ilya Chernykh <neptunia@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 17:36:56 +0400
On Monday 13 September 2010 17:24:35 Per Jessen wrote:

With phone cables in an apartment building etc., you'll find
multi-pair cables running vertically in conduits, from floor to
floor, appearing in a utility box in the wall, where individual pairs
can be connected to. A 25 pair cable is about as big as your finger,
and 50 pair a bit bigger than your thumb. There's no way you're
going to get 25 or 50 ethernet cables in anywhere near the same
space.

There is no need for 50 cables, just for those users who are
interested, maybe, 10 in one entrance (which has two utility columns,
so just 5 on each column).

Um, I thought we were previously talking about entire buildings, where
all or virtual all apartments had ethernet? That's what it sounded
like to me.

Yes, anybody who wants can have Ethernet in just a day.