Re: [opensuse] Moving to IPv6
  • From: James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 08:29:09 -0400
Ilya Chernykh wrote:
At least they have to install a modem, telephone filters or
a separate telephone line (?). I asked about ADSL in the early 2000s
and they said only connection cost would be comparable with that of
getting a new separate telephone number (about $300-$500).
You have to pay to get a phone number??? I currently have 2 phone numbers (home & cell) and I used to have a 2nd number on my home line (same wires) for fax & computer. I never had to pay up front to get a number, although the 2nd number cost a small amount per month.

Around here, you just call the phone company and you soon have service. All you pay is the monthly service fee. If you want ADSL, they send you the modem in the mail and you just plug it in.