Re: [opensuse] Moving to IPv6
  • From: Ilya Chernykh <neptunia@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 14:29:24 +0400
On Monday 13 September 2010 14:19:49 Per Jessen wrote:

How do your Ethernet providers connect your LANs to the internet? I
mean, I guess you have a switch in each building, but what does that
connect to? A central highspeed backbone switch or fibre connection or
what (just curious).

I think each district (and maybe each building) is connected by an optical
fiber. But this is a subject to change as provider has to upgrade
infrastructure frequently.

Early providers tried to avoid use of optics that's why Internet was so
expensive(=good charge for low speed) then.

In the last 3 years Internet became much cheaper, I think because of
infrastructure upgrade.