Re: [opensuse] Moving to IPv6
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 10:54:44 +0200
Ilya Chernykh wrote:

On Monday 13 September 2010 04:38:24 Carlos E. R. wrote:

That is probably the situation in western Europe (except that Spain
is/was less developed than most of W.Europe). ADSL was faster and
cheaper to install. And what I said is that my guess is that perhaps
in Russia that was not the case perhaps because the network wasn't
fully digitalized. It is an hypothesis, I do not know.

I don't think it matter. ADSL providers are there and always were. The
only problem is that with ADSL you get only Internet, but with
Ethernet you get also the LAN.

Which to most people is probably of zero importance. I have no need to
have a local network connection to my neighbour, but with ADSL I can
still always ping him.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (14.6°C)