Re: [opensuse] Moving to IPv6
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 09:42:17 +0200
Anders Johansson wrote:

On 2010-09-12 18:55, Per Jessen wrote:
Ilya Chernykh wrote:
This is completely standard not only for this city but for this
country and for neighboring countries also.

Also for single-family houses or mostly in areas with higher
concentrations? I'm surprised it was worth the extra investment in
the infrastructure, but I guess xDSL wasn't suitable for some
reason.

I guess that their phone network is older.

That's hardly the only reason for such a move.

But it is undoubtedly a very significant argument. If the existing
wiring is good enough to provide X, why spend more money to provide X ?

DSL is a hack that deserves to die, the sooner the better, just like
the analog modems.

Troll :-)

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (13.9°C)