Re: [opensuse] Moving to IPv6
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 09:04:57 +0200
Ilya Chernykh wrote:

On Monday 13 September 2010 02:53:40 Adam Tauno Williams wrote:

But imagine the situation of say 7-8 years ago. Internet was very
expensive then.

Where you are. In ~2001 in many places there was reasonable Internet,
including the early versions of ADSL.

Which could not compete with Ethernet even at 10 Mbit/s.

Not to say that as I already sad, Internet was not the main service
which people used in their LANs. Some people used Internet and some
never did.

It's an amazing story. Local ethernet cabling, but no content and no
services so really only for nerds in different buildings. I mean, my
mum would not have had much use for a local LAN.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (13.4°C)