Re: [opensuse] Re: opensuse.ca.unixheads.org/repositories/KDE:/Community/openSUS_11.3/?
On Sun, 2010-09-12 at 08:07 -0400, Ken Schneider - openSUSE wrote:
On 09/12/2010 07:58 AM, Peter Nikolic pecked at the keyboard and wrote:
On Sunday 12 Sep 2010 12:35:48 Tejas Guruswamy wrote:
On 12/09/10 01:43, Joe(theWordy)Philbrook wrote:
It would appear that on Sep 11, Ilya Chernykh did say:
On Saturday 11 September 2010 21:21:14 Joe(theWordy)Philbrook wrote:
Autoupdate fails...

I'm certainly no expert on OpenSuSE repositories, But When I asked
about them on this list somebody gave me a fairly extensive list
including the above. But now this one causes errors when I attempt to
use yast2's "Online Update" tool.

Has something untoward happened to this repo or what?????

This repo ha been deleted and all packages archived until some
maintainer cares to support them.

Hmmm then since as I just discovered when I tried to browse:

http://opensuse.ca.unixheads.org/repositories/KDE:/

that:

Firefox can't find the server at opensuse.ca.unixheads.org.

Does that mean that I may as well remove any repositories from
opensuse.ca.unixheads.org??? (Such as their "tools" repo that I had to
disable today to avoid errors on yast software manager startup...)

Or is this a separate problem??

Looks like you have some internet connection / dns issues, cause
opensuse.ca.unixheads.org is working for me.

In any case, it is better to directly use download.opensuse.org whenever
possible - that will point you to the best available mirror anyway.

Regards,
Tejas

Well no DNS problems here and it get the cant find server treatment so
that
would suggest there be a problem somewhere there be

Pete .

Try unixhead.org to find out why it doesn't work anymore. Perhaps Tejas
was getting a cached copy of the site.

Yes that comes up, but the ftp service is unfindable it seems.