Re: [opensuse] Moving to IPv6
  • From: Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 18:53:40 -0400
On Mon, 2010-09-13 at 02:37 +0400, Ilya Chernykh wrote:
On Monday 13 September 2010 02:13:29 Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
I don't know about "costly" (that is a relative term). At scale ADSL
networks [obviously] have proven to be cost-effective.
For whom? Currently ADSL companies advertise Internet access in my area
slightly more expensive than Ethenet providers for the same download speed
(and much slower upload speed).

Ok, but that doesn't say anything about the tech's cost-effectiveness.
You may have non-technical issues and costs involved. In many many
places ADSL connectivity is common and reasonably priced.

It is important not to interpret ones own experiences as the 'general
case' (assuming there is anything like a 'general case').

But imagine the situation of say 7-8 years ago. Internet was very expensive
then.

Where you are. In ~2001 in many places there was reasonable Internet,
including the early versions of ADSL.