Re: [opensuse] Moving to IPv6
  • From: Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 18:09:05 -0400
On Sun, 2010-09-12 at 23:26 +0200, Hans Witvliet wrote:
On Sun, 2010-09-12 at 08:59 +0200, Per Jessen wrote:
Per Jessen wrote
Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
There is just tons of software that needs to use or keep track of
IPs that simply is not ready.
There is a lot; I don't know about 'tons'. Most software doesn't
care. I think there is very little software that "needs to use or
keep track of IPs". In our entire stack I think we located two
applications that didn't work with IPv6. One of those was very
easily fixed [typically IP addresses end up getting stored as
strings, make the string field longer, recompile, works].
I can name at least three fairly popular bits of software that have an
issue with IPv6 for the moment - spamassassin, php, rbldnsd. openSUSE
also has issues with IPv6 setup for pppd.
You can add asterisk to that list.
Did you tried the 1.8 version of asterisk?

Correct, I was at a presentation about Asterisk 1.8 just yesterday.
IPv6 is not supported.