Re: [opensuse] Moving to IPv6
  • From: Anders Johansson <ajh@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 23:13:51 +0200
On 2010-09-12 18:55, Per Jessen wrote:
Ilya Chernykh wrote:
This is completely standard not only for this city but for this
country and for neighboring countries also.

Also for single-family houses or mostly in areas with higher
concentrations? I'm surprised it was worth the extra investment in the
infrastructure, but I guess xDSL wasn't suitable for some reason.

I guess that their phone network is older.

That's hardly the only reason for such a move. It is a service just like any
other. I dare you to try selling a house or flat without a telephone
connection or power outlets. You either won't be able to or you'll have to
dramatically drop the price

In the future, it will become equally impossible to sell any house or flat
without an internet connection.

In Sweden when I got it, that was the main argument used to sell the idea - it
was a step into the future.

DSL is a hack that deserves to die, the sooner the better, just like the
analog modems.

Anders