Re: [opensuse] Moving to IPv6
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 22:58:01 +0200
On 2010-09-12 18:55, Per Jessen wrote:
Ilya Chernykh wrote:

This is completely standard not only for this city but for this
country and for neighboring countries also.

Also for single-family houses or mostly in areas with higher
concentrations? I'm surprised it was worth the extra investment in the
infrastructure, but I guess xDSL wasn't suitable for some reason.

I guess that their phone network is older.

When I worked for a phone company, around 1997-2001, we had some issues with
international phone
calls there, because part of the network was still analogical, not digital.
Which would make
connection to internet via modem also difficult.

Also, when Fidonet declined with the rise of Internet, some Fidonet software
started to be
maintained there: for some reason it was used there more than in these parts.
Some dev lists started
to talk Russian instead of English...

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 11.2 x86_64 "Emerald" GM (Elessar))