Re: [opensuse] Moving to IPv6
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 20:48:07 +0200
James Knott wrote:

Per Jessen wrote:
Also for single-family houses or mostly in areas with higher
concentrations? I'm surprised it was worth the extra investment in
the infrastructure, but I guess xDSL wasn't suitable for some reason.

A while ago, I set up ADSL in a seniors residence, which bridged them
to the main network, where the DHCP server and internet connection
were. They used the existing phone wires to get ADSL into the rooms.
Otherwise, they'd have had to rewire the building for ethernet, which
would have been *VERY* expensive.

Exactly - that was the whole attraction of ADSL: reuse of existing
infrastructure to provide more with the same two wires.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (18.6°C)