Re: [opensuse] Moving to IPv6
  • From: James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 13:16:46 -0400
Per Jessen wrote:
Also for single-family houses or mostly in areas with higher
concentrations? I'm surprised it was worth the extra investment in the
infrastructure, but I guess xDSL wasn't suitable for some reason.
A while ago, I set up ADSL in a seniors residence, which bridged them to the main network, where the DHCP server and internet connection were. They used the existing phone wires to get ADSL into the rooms. Otherwise, they'd have had to rewire the building for ethernet, which would have been *VERY* expensive. I also did similar in a university student's residence, which had previously been a hotel.