Re: [opensuse] Shopping for IPv6
  • From: Lew Wolfgang <wolfgang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 10:10:04 -0700
On 09/10/2010 04:59 AM, James Knott wrote:
Felix Miata wrote:
I don't see how a switch to IPV6 could happen in the short term. It's really
hard to find any reference to IPV6 in product searches. When I try combining
IPV6 with either 8-port or gigabit I come up empty virtually every time. I
did find a very few products, but at affordable pricing with only 4 wired LAN
ports, and nothing with more than 4 at any price resembling affordable.
--
I haven't seen any 8 port IPv6 routers, but then again I haven't looked either.
Consumer level 8 port routers tend to be scarce. However, unless you've got an

Hi James,

I came across this link as I was searching for consumer-grade IPv6:

<http://gpshead.blogspot.com/2009/01/consumer-router-ipv6-firewall-fail.html>

The Linksys wrt610n silently supports 6-to-4 IPv6 but doesn't firewall it!

Apparently none of the Netgear products do IPv6 except for the WNR3500L which allows user installation of open-source software (DD-WRT). I actually have this router, but am using only the Netgear firmware. I think I'll purchase another one and try playing around with it. Those folks who are fluent in IPv6 will become valuable in the coming years...

Regards,
Lew