Re: [opensuse] Moving to IPv6
  • From: Ilya Chernykh <neptunia@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 20:45:00 +0400
On Sunday 12 September 2010 20:34:48 James Knott wrote:

It is a curious setup what you describe. So the building, perhaps the
city, is a local network to you, with a gateway to internet somewhere?

In another message, I provided a link to just such a setup in Wellington
NZ. There, Ethernet is a utility, which you can use to connect to an
ISP of your choice.

I would say that my network is entirely controlled by one provider, but
I can insert my Ethernet cable into a hub any of at least 3 providers who have
a hub in my house.

This is completely standard not only for this city but for this country and
for neighboring countries also.