Re: [opensuse] Moving to IPv6
  • From: Ilya Chernykh <neptunia@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 15:44:21 +0400
On Sunday 12 September 2010 15:27:55 James Knott wrote:

Last year, there was a TV show comparing performance of various ISPs in
Canada. As part of the test, they timed how long it took to download a
Linux distro. Bell Canada was by far the worst, taking hours (I don't
think they actually completed the download) to do what my ISP (Rogers)
was able to do in under half an hour. The tests showed that none of the
ADSL providers were able to deliver advertised performance, but Bell was
the worst. Rogers, with cable modems, was able to deliver very close to
the advertised speed. I have experienced the same at home. I have a 10
Mb down/1 Mb up services. When I run a speed test I generally get
better than 9.8 Mb down and often slightly exceed 1 Mb up.

This is what I get: http://www.speedtest.net/result/950210907.png
with the theoretic limit of 100 Mbit/s