Re: [opensuse] Moving to IPv6
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 10:26:34 +0200
Basil Chupin wrote:

On 12/09/2010 17:39, Per Jessen wrote:
I guess you (i.e. your city) was able to skip DSL altogether because
the infra-structure was late in coming? Fibre is slowly becoming
available here too, but so far only in the cities. The DSL speeds go
to 20Mbps, but that's on copper.

Awww, you are way behind the times! *We* have 24Mbps on copper!

You must have better copper :-) I don't know what the actual speeds
are, but VDSL is advertised as 20'000Kbit/s. My office connection is
advertised as 6000Kbit/s, but the ADSL negotiation says 5632kbit/s.

But you will only get this if you live on top of the telephone
exchange!

Look at this graph for example:
http://www.tpg.com.au/dslam/faq.php

Seems to fit with my offices being 3500m from the exchange, so 6000 is
all we get.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (15.5°C)