Re: [opensuse] Moving to IPv6
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 17:53:28 +1000
On 12/09/2010 17:34, Per Jessen wrote:
James Knott wrote:

Per Jessen wrote:
It sounds exactly like how it's done elsewhere - Switzerland,
Germany, Britain. I doubt if they have separate equipment in the
exchanges, it's not necessary.

That depends on the ISP.
More on the telco(s) and local legislation, I suspect. In Britain, then
years ago, there were plenty of stories about how BT would make it
_very_ difficult for others to get access to their exchanges, despite
BT having been ordered to do so.

Not to mention the stories about our Telstra, here in Australia, deliberately throttling people's service to force them onto a higher costing per month broadband plan so as to get "better performance".

Something similar in Germany. In
Switzerland, the exchange and the DSLAMs belongs to Swisscom, but
they're obligated to rent out or share their equipment.

So is Telstra here.

BC

--
Fact is that which enough people believe. Truth is determined by how fervently
they believe it.