Re: [opensuse] Moving to IPv6
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 09:39:43 +0200
Ilya Chernykh wrote:

On Saturday 11 September 2010 19:34:58 Per Jessen wrote:

I have no modem here. I think most people who use Internet in this
city have no modems, I just have a socket for Ethernet cable on the
wall,

Wow, very modern - Ethernet-To-The-Home.

This is common here, nobody uses xDSL. I have Ethernet here from 2007.

I guess you (i.e. your city) was able to skip DSL altogether because the
infra-structure was late in coming? Fibre is slowly becoming available
here too, but so far only in the cities. The DSL speeds go to 20Mbps,
but that's on copper.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (14.9°C)