Re: [opensuse] Moving to IPv6
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 09:34:52 +0200
James Knott wrote:

Per Jessen wrote:
It sounds exactly like how it's done elsewhere - Switzerland,
Germany, Britain. I doubt if they have separate equipment in the
exchanges, it's not necessary.

That depends on the ISP.

More on the telco(s) and local legislation, I suspect. In Britain, then
years ago, there were plenty of stories about how BT would make it
_very_ difficult for others to get access to their exchanges, despite
BT having been ordered to do so. Something similar in Germany. In
Switzerland, the exchange and the DSLAMs belongs to Swisscom, but
they're obligated to rent out or share their equipment.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (14.6°C)