Re: [opensuse] Moving to IPv6
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 08:59:54 +0200
Per Jessen wrote:

Adam Tauno Williams wrote:

There is just tons of software that needs to use or keep track of
IPs that simply is not ready.

There is a lot; I don't know about 'tons'. Most software doesn't
care. I think there is very little software that "needs to use or
keep track of IPs". In our entire stack I think we located two
applications that didn't work with IPv6. One of those was very
easily fixed [typically IP addresses end up getting stored as
strings, make the string field longer, recompile, works].

I can name at least three fairly popular bits of software that have an
issue with IPv6 for the moment - spamassassin, php, rbldnsd. openSUSE
also has issues with IPv6 setup for pppd.

You can add asterisk to that list.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (13.9°C)