Re: [opensuse] WPA failure in OpenSuse, but not xandros
On Sat, 2010-09-11 at 22:38 +0100, Myrosia Dzikovska wrote:
I have a Dell Latitude D430, with Intel Wireless PRO 3945ABG, using
iwl3945 driver with network manager for my wireless connection. I am
experiencing intermittent wireless connection failures on OpenSuse. My
home router is set to use WPA. From time to time, my laptop stops
seeing the wireless access point, and when I attempt to connect
manually, I see several repeats of the message below in the system
logs:
---------------------
wlan0: authenticate with AP 00:14:7f:22:d1:5c
wlan0: authenticated
wlan0: associate with AP 00:14:7f:22:d1:5c
wlan0: RX AssocResp from 00:14:7f:22:d1:5c (capab=0x411 status=0 aid=1)
wlan0: associated
wlan0: disassociating by local choice (reason=3)
---------------

I also have an Asus EEEPC 901 with a default Xandros distribution. It
always connects without problems. Moreover, once I get the EEEPC to
connect, my opensuse machine is also able to connect to the same
router on my next attempt.

It looks to be something distribution (or driver version) specific,
but I am not sure how to debug it further. There is an iwl3945 bug
filed on Novell bugzilla, but it does not appear to be the same one,
it has a different error message as a symptom (and I am running fully
updated anyway, so presumably should have the fix already). What can I
do to debug this?

Actually it makes me wonder about the wireless router, the common
point as you expressed it the once the EEEPC connect the troubled one
connects on the next attempt. (I've got the first part going on here
with a Vista based laptop, but I haven't found any if this connects then
it connects situations.)