Re: [opensuse] Moving to IPv6
  • From: James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 16:05:14 -0400
Per Jessen wrote:
It sounds exactly like how it's done elsewhere - Switzerland, Germany,
Britain. I doubt if they have separate equipment in the exchanges,
it's not necessary.
That depends on the ISP. Some lease bandwidth from the phone company, others have their own "point of presence" in the phone company central office and only lease the pair from the phone company. A few years ago, I was involved with setting up phone and ADSL shelves for Sprint Canada, in Bell Canada offices. In other situations, the ISP might provide their own ADSL equipment that the phone line passes through, for when the customer gets only internet from the ISP and phone service from the phone company.