Re: [opensuse] Moving to IPv6
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 21:46:54 +0200
On 2010-09-11 21:42, James Knott wrote:
Ilya Chernykh wrote:
My provider recommends to disable IPv6 on Windows either as IPv6
creates lags
in browsers and network flooding.

I can understand the lags caused by DNS issues, but flooding? How does
that happen? If someone is running IPv6 on their network and uses a
tunnel to get IPv6 access, then the ISP's network would never see an
IPv6 packet.

Larger routing tables overflowing routers, perhaps. I read about this in a
report, from the IEEE if
I recall correctly.

Or a side effect of some sort. Discovery broadcasts??

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 11.2 x86_64 "Emerald" GM (Elessar))