Re: [opensuse] Moving to IPv6
  • From: Hans Witvliet <hwit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 21:21:40 +0200
On 2010-09-09 18:06, James Knott wrote:

One thing I see in this thread, is people saying that since IPv6 isn't
yet supported by everything, we shouldn't use it at all. If everyone
did that, then we'll never be able to use it. IPv6 is available and
usable now. The more it gets used, the more the laggards will have to
provide support or be left behind.

I have seen, with oS 11.3, many people complaining of "slow internet", and
the reply is always
"disable ipv6".

Thus, it is "obvious" that support for ipv6 is broken and/or incomplete in
current openSUSE >:-)

In some cases it is that people somehow got a v6-global address, but no
routing (or wrong routing), hence firefox & co firt try to use an
v6-connection, but has to wait for the time-out before trying on v4.
Indeed in those case will disabling v6 alltogether speed things up,
though it is certainly not the best way, imho ...