Re: [opensuse] Moving to IPv6
  • From: Ilya Chernykh <neptunia@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 21:33:13 +0400
On Saturday 11 September 2010 19:34:58 Per Jessen wrote:

I have no modem here. I think most people who use Internet in this
city have no modems, I just have a socket for Ethernet cable on the
wall,

Wow, very modern - Ethernet-To-The-Home.

This is common here, nobody uses xDSL. I have Ethernet here from 2007.

Do you get ethernet speeds as
well?

The Internet speed depends on your plan but otherwise limited with 100Mbit/s.

All plans also have unlimited access to the LAN at 100Mbit/s. There are about
several thousand computers in the LAN with PtP, video broacast and other
services. The LAN connection is not the subject for any payments.

Unfortunately Internet is quite expensive in this city: in Ukraine for example
you can have unlimited 100Mbit/s access for under $10/month

http://triolan.ua/item.aspx?id=137
http://internet.beeline.ua/ukr/tariffs/rates.wbp

and in St.Petersburg
they advertise 0.5 Gbiit/s Internet access with unlimited traffic coupled with
1 Gbit/s LAN for about $10/month.

http://terabita.ru/money.php