Re: [opensuse] Moving to IPv6 - which hardware?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 17:26:47 +0200
G T Smith wrote:

Per Jessen wrote:
Maybe we should get this thread back on track and focus on IPv6 -
we've recently upgraded to LANCOM DSL modem, which unfortunately does
not
(yet?) support IPv6. Unless LANCOM brings out IPv6 support in the
next year or so, my intention is to set it up in bridging mode
(RFC1483) and
run pppd/pppoe on my gateway. It's not an entirely trivial exercise,
last time I attempted it, I stumbled over something in openSUSEs pppd
setup that didn't work. There is a bug report on it, but I didn't
have the time to investigate it any further, so it was closed.
One alternative would be different hardware - wrt professional xDSL
routers, what is out there that excplicitly supports IPv6? (no
Ciscos and no Zyxels, please).

If the device is flashable some 3rd party products may work..

see

http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/index

as an example...

Are there others out there? The box is flashable, but it's not listed
as supported.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (21.4°C)