Re: [opensuse] Moving to IPv6
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 15:41:21 +0200
On 2010-09-11 15:33, Anton Aylward wrote:
Per Jessen said the following on 09/11/2010 09:07 AM:

Carlos E. R. wrote:

That's the crux. And those modems are often supplied by the ISP, so
the cost would be on them.

In Switzerland the modem is paid for by the customer, but either way
there's an extra cost.

Please note:

"supplied by" and "paid for by" are not the same thing.

I know.

Their official stance and what happens in reality are different, though.
Many of support people are network geeks or other techie variants and
use Linux at home and can be quite reasonable and break-out of the
"script".

Yes, I know. Only that reaching them is difficult, we usually can only access
the "flower pots" folk.

(I have worked as a flower pot myself, no denigration intended)

But the modem is paid for by the customer. One way or another.

Yes.

But I think is that, if the provider "changes the setup" in such a way that
makes the current router
(that they supply) to not work, like changing to IPV6, the onus would be on
them to replace the
router, as it would be their "fault".

If I had bought the router in the market, it would be on me.

Similar issue as if the home voltage is changed from 127 to 230.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 11.2 x86_64 "Emerald" GM (Elessar))