Re: [opensuse] Moving to IPv6
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 15:06:51 +0200
Carlos E. R. wrote:

There is a big telephone company (Telefonica) that once was a
monopoly. It had to open up for new, smaller, telcos, then open again
for ISPs. It is funny that you can contract from a few different ISP
providers, when the copper pair is still going to the same exchange as
has been for fifty years. I assume they have inside separate racks for
each new company where they do the splitting. If they do it all... A
nightmare, I have been told, by friends working there. The situation
in many countries has to be very similar, we haven't invented the
technology ;-)

It sounds exactly like how it's done elsewhere - Switzerland, Germany,
Britain. I doubt if they have separate equipment in the exchanges,
it's not necessary.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (20.0°C)