Re: [opensuse] Moving to IPv6
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 14:56:34 +0200
On 2010-09-09 12:11, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:

Try using ssh to multiple computers, without changing
port numbers.
I do that every day from my workstation. (which is behind a NAT setup).

The issue is the reverse. With IPv6 I just unblock SSH (TCP/22). Done.
Sooo much simpler.

HA!

That is another can of worms, because I currently have a few gadgets with
hardcoded login/password
pairs. Yes, of the kind that you can find listed in manuals and FAQs sites in
Internet. What, have
my TV set with hard disk open to the internet at large, just because I wanted
to open ssh to my main
computer? Ouch! :-(

Worse, some of them do not support ssh, only telnet. Yes, today, current
hardware.

And probably, hardware that does not support ipv6, either.

Crap hardware? Sure. But it is what I can buy.
I don't know of any other I can buy that is better in that respect.

I would need a really good entry firewall if I were to have ipv6 adsl.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 11.2 x86_64 "Emerald" GM (Elessar))