Re: [opensuse] Moving to IPv6 - which hardware?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 14:36:32 +0200
James Knott wrote:

Per Jessen wrote:
Maybe we should get this thread back on track and focus on IPv6 -
we've recently upgraded to LANCOM DSL modem, which unfortunately does
not
(yet?) support IPv6. Unless LANCOM brings out IPv6 support in the
next year or so, my intention is to set it up in bridging mode
(RFC1483) and
run pppd/pppoe on my gateway. It's not an entirely trivial exercise,
last time I attempted it, I stumbled over something in openSUSEs pppd
setup that didn't work. There is a bug report on it, but I didn't
have the time to investigate it any further, so it was closed.
One alternative would be different hardware - wrt professional xDSL
routers, what is out there that excplicitly supports IPv6? (no
Ciscos and no Zyxels, please).

D-Link has some models, such as the DIR-825, that support IPv6,
including 6in4 tunneling.

Not really what I consider professional equipment. Must be rack
mountable too.

However, I haven't used one, so I have no idea about the details.
What's wrong with Cisco? They're one of the leaders in providing IPv6
support.

Very pricey and very complex to configure (last I looked).

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (18.9°C)