Re: [opensuse] Moving to IPv6
  • From: Anton Aylward <anton.aylward@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 08:23:08 -0400
On 2010-09-11 13:52, James Knott wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

I don't know where you are, but in some parts of the world, IPv6 is your
only choice.

I know that lack of addresses is a real problem in China, because they were
given little ipv4 space.

But I'm in Spain, and I have not heard of any provider here offering ipv6 for
home or small
businesses. The battle here is pricing and broadband. Or cable versus ADSL.

It seems much the same here in Canada, if you add in wifi bandwidth.
The cable providers and the DSL providers have been hit with lawsuits
that have forced them to open up to allow other ISPs to use their
facilities, rather like what we had with the phone companies back in the
80s and 90s. Since those same telcos run (almost) all the cell phone
space they are fighting back with with internet-over-3G and
internet-over-AWS. My cell phone is only capable of IPv4 addresses :-(

--
Without friends no one would choose to live, though he had all other goods.
Aristotle (384 BC - 322 BC), Nichomachean Ethics