Re: [opensuse] Moving to IPv6
  • From: Ilya Chernykh <neptunia@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 16:20:37 +0400
On Saturday 11 September 2010 15:59:46 Carlos E. R. wrote:

I don't know where you are, but in some parts of the world, IPv6 is your
only choice.

I know that lack of addresses is a real problem in China, because they were
given little ipv4 space.

But I'm in Spain, and I have not heard of any provider here offering ipv6
for home or small businesses. The battle here is pricing and broadband. Or
cable versus ADSL.

The same here. IPv6 came now to have image of a protocol for developing world
and poor countries which brings problems and does not allow fully functional
Internet access.