Re: [opensuse] Moving to IPv6
  • From: Ilya Chernykh <neptunia@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 16:07:03 +0400
On Saturday 11 September 2010 15:46:25 Carlos E. R. wrote:

One thing I see in this thread, is people saying that since IPv6 isn't
yet supported by everything, we shouldn't use it at all. If everyone
did that, then we'll never be able to use it. IPv6 is available and
usable now. The more it gets used, the more the laggards will have to
provide support or be left behind.

I have seen, with oS 11.3, many people complaining of "slow internet", and
the reply is always "disable ipv6".

Thus, it is "obvious" that support for ipv6 is broken and/or incomplete in
current openSUSE >:-)

My provider recommends to disable IPv6 on Windows either as IPv6 creates lags
in browsers and network flooding.