Re: [opensuse] is there a tool to reduce image dimension by removing empty spaces?
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2010 03:33:19 +0200

[Sent later]

On 2010-09-07 15:27, Zhang Weiwu wrote:
On 2010年09月07日 20:55, Carlos E. R. wrote:
What I find bad in the screen shots of many printed or PDF manuals is not
that images are small, but
that they are small with very low resolution, grainy. Like that they reduced
the size by reducing
the pixels per inch. The text is high quality, but not the images.

When you create PDF in openoffice, there is an option for "resampling
image" which does the reduction of size by reducing pixels. I guess such
option exists in other software too, including the software that
produced the PDF you complain about.

In which case it means that the writer does not proof-read the end result - I
mean in end result
form, in the same form as the final readers are going to get it. Not in Word /
OOo / latex /
whatever format.

And of course, poor contrast (B/W images) is also a problem, as Doug says.
Manuals are often printed
in B/W, and then some colour images look terrible.

But I doubt that many technical writers read this here :}

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 11.2 x86_64 "Emerald" GM (Minas Tirith))

< Previous Next >