Re: [opensuse] Shopping for IPv6 (was: Moving to IPv6)
  • From: dwgallien <dwgallien@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 09:03:19 -0400
Felix Miata wrote:

I don't see how a switch to IPV6 could happen in the short term. It's really
hard to find any reference to IPV6 in product searches. When I try combining
IPV6 with either 8-port or gigabit I come up empty virtually every time. I
did find a very few products, but at affordable pricing with only 4 wired LAN
ports, and nothing with more than 4 at any price resembling affordable.

fwiw . . . I recently upgraded my home network: A Motorola SB6120 DOCSIS cable
modem IPv4/IPv6 and a Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH 4/6 router with high-power AP and a
Gb switch - but only 4 port. Handles HD streaming perfectly, and I can finally
use my Gb NIC's. 20Mb on the WAN, higher than the line rating. The modem is a
bit expensive, the router not at all. I also could not find a consumer grade
8-port alternative.