Re: [opensuse] Shopping for IPv6
  • From: James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 08:29:34 -0400
Anton Aylward wrote:
Having a ready supply of low cost IPv6 capable high speed
switches/routers as drop-in replacements for things like the Linksys or
SMC devices, be they wired or wifi, would be a good way to introduce
IPv6 to SMBs.
Switches don't worry about IPv6 or IPv4. They handle both and any other protocol that can be handled over ethernet. It's only routers that are the concern

Dismissing this need out of hand, James, is unproductive.

I have never dismissed that. What I have dismissed is the attitude that since not everything is not yet IPv6 ready, we shouldn't be using it at all.