Re: [opensuse] Moving to IPv6
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 08:47:42 +0200
Anton Aylward wrote:

IPv6 may be a good thing, but this slagging of NAT is not necessary.
There are and there will continue to be good reasons or people to use
NAT.

+1.

I will go so far as to predict that even with IPv6in place, there will
be something like "network 10" - private address spaces, and hence
something like NAT. Its just too convenient to have addresses that
cannot be - will not be - routed.

unique local addresses, I think that is.

Please note: I am no denigrating IPv6 or saying that one _should_ use
NAT. Nor am I saying that NAT should be forced on organizations to
further (asymptotically) delay the exhaustion of the IPv4 address
space. I *am* saying that slagging NAT is not a good argument in
favour of IPv6.

Same here.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (14.0°C)