Re: [opensuse] Moving to IPv6
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 08:23:39 +0200
James Knott wrote:

Anders Johansson wrote:
Maybe you're not really listening to yourself, but that is exactly
what you're saying. "With IPv6, I don't have to open up multiple
ports in the firewall to get to internal machines, everything is
directly available".

I suspect you're misreading something. Our point is that with NAT,
when you want to access multiple computers with the same protocol, you
have to resort to non-standard ports or ssh relaying.

And _that_ is the crux of "NAT is broken in a number of ways"? James, I
guess it's matter of wording, but to me the above doesn't mean broken,
at worst it's a very slight disadvantage.

Like I started out saying, I think that NAT, despite rumours of "being
broken in a number of ways", works remarkably well.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (13.8°C)