Re: [opensuse] Moving to IPv6
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 08:13:15 +0200
Adam Tauno Williams wrote:

It is exactly "broken in a number of ways".
<http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1627.html>
<http://www.cs.utk.edu/~moore/what-nats-break.html>

That's all?? Gee, what a mess. (hmm, can't say any of those issues
have ever affected my use of NAT).

when the problems mentioned turn out to be either
contrived or non-problems.

So everything that doesn't specifically apply to your use-case is
"contrived"?

Please refrain from putting words in my mouth. I've only spoken about
the two examples of active FTP and ssh-accessing multiple hosts behind
a NAT.

Do you enjoy double-SSH-ing? Why bother? Wouldn't it be nice not to
have to futz with port-forwards?

I couldn't care less, but it's company policy only to allow external ssh
access via the gateway anyway.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (13.5°C)