Re: [opensuse] Moving to IPv6
  • From: James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 00:30:24 -0400
Lew Wolfgang wrote:
Exactly! Why not just connect a hub or a switch to your IPv6-enabled
cable modem? No need for a router at all! Then, all of our widgets
can be hanging out in the breeze with the big boyz.
See my reply to John.

Can I go down to Fry's to pick up a consumer-grade bridged firewall yet?

Industrial grade gear can usually do that. There was also a recent article in the Linux Journal about rolling your own with Linux.

Or will subnets/routers still be needed to confine the scope of ARP
broadcasts and for geographical port distribution?

There will be a router somewhere, either at your site or the ISPs.