Re: [opensuse] Moving to IPv6
  • From: dwgallien <dwgallien@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 17:36:23 -0400
That's fine, it seems I was not clear:
My comment was a general one re a nbr of the posts, not directed towards
anyone in particular. I thought that was implied.

Well, when I said "It seems a lot of people are very much confusing the
functionality of a router, a firewall, and NAT." I meant exactly that;
no snark intended. The comments about NAT *clearly* indicate a failure
to distinguish between NAT, firewall, and routing [three different
capabilities].

As I thought I had already indicated, the snark observation was not a direct
reference to the previously ref'd comment, but rather to how - IMHO - the
language in some of the posts was becoming unproductive. Again, it was not
directed towards any specific individual and that should have been better
clarified.

Revisiting for a moment the NAT statement which you reiterate, it may very well
be that there is a "failure to distinguish" among those engaged in the debate
(or not, I'm not qualified to judge). The surprise I expressed was only in ref
to that being generalized to "what people on this list believe" (as opposed to
just those in the debate). Nothing more.

Obviously, I should have just kept my clap shut. On both points.