Re: [opensuse] Moving to IPv6
  • From: James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2010 16:39:08 -0400
Anders Johansson wrote:
Maybe you're not really listening to yourself, but that is exactly what you're
saying. "With IPv6, I don't have to open up multiple ports in the firewall to
get to internal machines, everything is directly available".

I suspect you're misreading something. Our point is that with NAT, when you want to access multiple computers with the same protocol, you have to resort to non-standard ports or ssh relaying. However, if you have sufficient addresses, with either IPv4 or IPv6, you simply connect to the desired computer, using the standard ports. Of your, your firewall should be configured to allow only what you want.